Comparative advertising is more common in some countries than others, partly because there are differences in the level of restrictions and partly because of other cultural differences. However drawing attention to your competitors is a dangerous game, so here are some ‘rules of thumb’ with considering:
1) Don’t be negative for the sake of it.
2) Pick on someone subtly.
3) Use wit and people are more likely to believe you.
4) Pick on someone your own size.
5) Pick on someone who is a genuine threat.
6) Pick on someone without sounding defensive.
Advertising Concept Book (Second Edition) by Pete Barry citing Jeremy Bullmore